Find me on Facebook

Monday, December 28, 2009

Nearing 2k

For the last few months, I've had the goal of finding my 2000th cache on our honeymoon in Belize. I was making very good progress until the snow came, but then I got worried. however, in the last week I've had two good days despite having over a foot of snow on the ground in Janesville and Hudson. today, I went to Stillwater, MN for the day hoping to get 15 caches. the morning was pretty rough, with only two virtual finds in the first 2 hours and 4 dnfs. as I headed out of town and away from the bike paths the caches became much more winter friendly. I ended the day with 9 straight finds and a total of 20. now i have less than 30 to go for 2000. tomorrow will be spent in River Falls to get me close, then I'll wait for the trip. #2000 should happen either in the first few days when we go to the Mayan ruins at Tikal or on Ambergris Caye. There are a few FTF chances down there yet, but they'll have to stay that way through the new year. I guess i can hope...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Brian, on getting your 2K.

    When do you leave for your honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete